Pulp 2.10.0 Generally Available
Pulp 2.10.0 is now generally available, and can be downloaded from the Pulp 2.10 stable repositories:
New features for Pulp 2.10 include the new rsync distributor, new high-availability features for resource managers, as well as some improvements to RPM publishing and package validation. Several bugs were also fixed; all the details can be found later in this announcement.
More information about these new features can be found in the release notes:
Try out the new features, and let us know how they work for you!
These two issues were listed as blockers for release candidate 1, and fixed in release candidate 2. Upgrade testing to 2.10.0 from earlier versions of pulp is complete and has verified that these issues do not affect 2.10.0:
2234 Upgrading to pulp 2.9 causes sync of repos with SRPM’s with a filelist field to fail.
2236 Upgrading hto pulp 2.9 causes sync of repos with DRPM’ with a “relativepath” field to fail.
No other blocking issues have been identified, which clears 2.10.0 to become generally available a little earlier than I indicated in my previous announcement for this release.
The 2.10 stable repositories are included in the pulp repo files: https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-pulp.repo for fedora 23 & 24 https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/rhel-pulp.repo for RHEL 6 & 7
After enabling the pulp-stable or pulp-2-stable repository, you’ll want to follow the standard upgrade path, with migrations, to get to 2.10.0:
$ sudo systemctl stop httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat $ sudo yum upgrade $ sudo -u apache pulp-manage-db $ sudo systemctl start httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat
Here are the specific stories done for 2.10.0:
- 1887 As a user, I can use the rsync predistributor with docker web distributor
- 1291 As a user, I can sync feeds that require username/password authentication
- 1990 Rsync distributor
- 1963 As a user, I can use rsync distributor to publish iso repositories
- 1759 As a user, I can use rsync distributor to publish RPM repositores
- 898 As a user I can run multiple pulp_resource_managers concurrently with all of them actively participating
- 1991 As a user, uploaded units which don’t pass the signature check are not imported
- 1982 As a user, I can force a full sync
- 1878 Support for choosing the checksum type in updateinfo
- 1156 As a user, I can have an “signature” attribute stored for RPMs, SRPMs, and DRPMs
View this list in redmine.
Here are the bug fixes specific to 2.10.0:
- 2082 Cannot add importer to the repository
- 1948 Upgrading RPMs on EL6 sometimes fails during pre script
- 2187 rsync as predistributor logic is wrong
- 2202 predistributor logic in platform does not account for force_full and updated distributor configs
- 2030 importer config is not validated during the update
- 2039 Not full importer config is validated in the update call
- 2118 Reduce runtime of file path migration
- 1606 API call to install consumers raises 500 if body contains wrong data type
- 2106 Pin to flake8 2.6.2
- 2188 Make GPG signature checking is called “filtering”
- 2042 updateinfo.xml is missing checksums
- 2199 The RPM rsync distributor breaks when SELinux is enabled
- 2115 The ‘skip_fast_forward’ in RPM rsync config should be renamed to ‘force_full’
All bug fixes from Pulp 2.9.2 and earlier are included in Pulp 2.10, as well as the fixes for the two blockers mentioned above.
View this list in redmine.
Fedora 22 has reached its end-of-life. As a result Pulp 2.10 is being built for (and tested on) Fedoras 23 and 24.