The Pulp team are pleased to announce the release of Pulp 3.8.0!
Updates to Django settings
adminsite URL is now configurable using the new
ADMIN_SITE_URLsettings parameter 7637.
As a follow up to #7179, which provided a default
DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULEvariable, in this release, the default
DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULEvariable is now set everywhere. This simplifies configuration because the systemd service no longer has to set this value #7720.
Allowed Content Checksums Validation
In the previous release
ALLOWED_CONTENT_CHECKSUMS variable was introduced so that users can specify and limit unwanted checksums in their environment.
In this release, validation has been added so that if a user has Artifacts in their database and adds checksums to
ALLOWED_CONTENT_CHECKSUMS that do not match the existing Artifacts, the error
ImproperlyConfigured is thrown #7487.
Dynaconf Version Requirement
Earlier versions of dynaconf had some known issues. In this release, the required dynaconf version is 3.1.2. #7682.
In this release, there are a number of enhancements to pulp_installer:
- pulp_installer now compiles and installs the pulpcore-selinux policy on CentOS/RHEL/Fedora #7574.
- When installing from distro packages (
pulp_install_source==packages), from a repo (
pulp_pkg_repo), and upgrading them (
pulp_pkg_upgrade_all==true), pulp_installer now upgrades all the packages from the repo. This addresses any incorrect dependency declarations in the repo, which might cause pulp_installer to fail on
- Users can customize webserver ports that Pulp listen on via
pulp_webserver_http_port(defaults to 80) and
pulp_webserver_https_port(defaults to 443) #7662.
- pulp_installer now uses the new libexec wrappers from the RPM packages for rq and gunicorn to run them in the correct SELinux context #7667.
Installer Deprecations and Removals
This release contains the following changes to the pulp_installer:
- pulp_installer no longer sets SELinux to enabled, permissive and enforcing (casually referred to as “disabled”) on CentOS/RHEL/Fedora. #7573
- pulp_installer no longer supports installing from older RPM packages that lack the wrapper scripts
Plugin template now contains a
check-manifest script that is run in Travis and checks if all expected files are included in the MANIFEST.in #7656.
- When a task was cancelled, it was logging as a failed task #4559
- When a task was cancelled, the status of all incomplete “progress reports” was remaining in an in-progress state #4921
- A fix has been added to handle duplicate content during synchronization and migration from Pulp 2 to Pulp 3 #7147
- Content streaming has been enabled for Distributions that use Repository Versions instead of Publications #7568
urlize_quoted_linksfilter in Django Rest Framework was dropped because Django’s
urlizefilter does the same action #7634