Pulp 2.12.0 is now Generally Available in the stable repositories:
New features for Pulp 2.12 include new features added to the Pulp platform, as well as the Puppet, RPM, and Docker plugins. Many bug fixes are also included in the 2.12.0 release.
More information about these new features can be found in the features list below, as well as in the 2.12 release notes
Try out the new features, and let us know how they work for you!
Since the release of Release Candidate 2, we’ve decided to pull the pulp_python upgrade to version 2.0 from this release, due to usability and documentation issues that we feel still need to be worked out before that pluginis ready for release. We’ll be including it in a future release. Users currently testing a pre-release of 2.12.0 (a Beta or Release Candidate) may need to downgrade the installed versions of the pulp-python packages to 1.1.3-1 as a result.
These are the current stable packages for the pulp_python plugin as of Pulp 2.12.0:
The Pulp 2 stable repositories are included in the pulp repo files:
After enabling the pulp-stable or pulp-2-stable repository, you’ll want to follow the standard upgrade path with migrations:
$ sudo systemctl stop httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat pulp_streamer goferd $ sudo yum upgrade $ sudo -u apache pulp-manage-db $ sudo systemctl start httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat pulp_streamer goferd
goferd services should be omitted if those services are not installed.
- 2525: Failover events should be explicitly logged as such when they: occur
- 2509: Pulp process failure detection and any failover should occur within 30: seconds
- 2186: As a user, pulp-manage-db refuses to run if other pulp processes are running: locally
- 1939: As a user, I would like to be able to profile Pulp: tasks
- 1268: As a user, orphan content delete reports how many units were: deleted
- 1976: As user, I can have packages sorted in “Packages/$x” directories when: published
- 2189: As a user, I can update docker_tag units without using: sync
View this list in Redmine.
- 2545: pulp-manage-db wait time calculation can end up with many hours of wait: time
- 2264: better error reporting during: import/association
- 1488: Deprecate: nodes
- 1321: Commit message requirements for Pulp contributions are out of date and could be: better
- 103: Document the commit message keywords that will interact with: Redmine
- 1823: RPMs partially: downloaded
View this list in Redmine.
el6 Support Reminder
As mentioned in the 2.11.0 release notes, we are no longer supported el6 distributions after Pulp 2.11. See the release notes for more information: